Special 11 days tour to Israel & Jordan
During school holidays
Spring in Jerusalem
Past Pieter van Rensburg
Departure date: 27 March 2014
Special tour price: R23 990 pp
JOHANNESBURG – Abu Dhabi
Meet at Etihad Airlines check-in counter at the International Departure Hall of O.R.Tambo International Airport at 18:00. Departure is at 20:30 for Abu Dhabi. Overnight on BOARD (D* B*)
Abu Dhabi – Amman – Caesarea – Tiberias.
Early morning touch-down in Abu Dhabi where we’ll be connected to the flight for Amman. Upon arrival at 10:00 in Amman we’ll be transferred to the Israeli border. First of all we visit Caesarea. There we visit the impressive Roman amphitheatre and see the ancient Crusader fortifications built in 1251AD. This was the home town of Cornelius (Acts 10:22-24; 34-48) and Philip (Acts 8:40). Paul was brought to Caesarea after his capture (Acts 23:23-33).There is still a huge theater – Roman Style. We’ll drive past mount Carmel to Tiberias at the Sea of Galilee for dinner and overnight.(B,D)
Day 3: GALILEE
Enjoy a boat trip this morning on the Sea of Galilee with some time for reflection. Visit the so called “Jesus boat” museum. This boat was only recently discovered in some shallow water on the shore of the Sea of Galilee. Travel to the Mount of Beatitudes where the Sermon on the Mount was delivered. Visit the Church of Beatitudes and Tabga, where the multiplication of the bread and fish took place. Continue to Mensa Christi where Jesus appeared to his disciples and they had a meal together (John 21:1). At Capernaum we see the ruins of a second-century Synagogue, as well as the excavations of St. Peter’s house. Drive via the traditional baptismal site of Yardenit back to our hotel. Included today is a typical “St Peters” fish-lunch. Dinner and overnight in TIBERIAS (B)(L)(D)
Day 4: CANA – NAZARETH –TABOR – JERUSALEM
Start the day via Cana, where Jesus' first miracle took place when He turned water into wine (John 2:1-11), to Nazareth. In Nazareth we visit the “Church of Annunciation”, Joseph’s
Grotto and Mary’s Well. Jesus lived here for about 30 years. Continue to Jerusalem. We also have the oppurtunity to visit the Mount of Transfigiration – Tabor -with taxis. Dinner and overnight in JERUSALEM (B)(D)
Day 5: JERUSALEM
Visit the Mount of Olives from where Christ sent his disciples to get the donkey on which He ride into Jerusalem (Luke 19:28-44). From the summit one has a wonderful view of the old city of Jerusalem and the temple area. Spend some time in the Garden of Gethsemane where Jesus prayed (Luke 22:39-44) and Judas betrayed Him. The Church of All Nations is in this garden with old Olive trees still growing here. Visit the house of Kajafas, also known as St. Peter in
Gallicantu. It is here that Peter denied Christ three times (Matt. 26:57 - 27:2). Gallicantu means "the crowing of the cock". In the Jewish Quarter we visit the Cardo, David's Tomb and the Upper Room where the Last Supper was held. Dinner and overnight in JERUSALEM (B)(D)
Day 6: BETHLEHEM – JERUSALEM
A short bus ride takes us to Bethlehem, birthplace of Jesus and of King David. See the shepherds' fields before a visit to the Church of Birth, seen as one of the oldest in history. It is built on the cave where it is believed Jesus was born. We have time for shopping at a large Olive-wood factory. Return to the Old City of Jerusalem for a tour of the Wailing Wall. Overnight in Jerusalem (B)(D)
Day 7 Jerusalem – Via Dolorosa – Garden Tomb
We start the day by walking through the St Stefens Gate. We visit the Bath of Bethesda where Jesus healed a cripple man. We walk the Via Dolorosa up Golgotha. We visit the Garden Tomb. A Christian Embassy guide will assist in a tour of the grounds which has a beautiful view of Golgotha, also known as Gordon's Calvary. Holy Communion will be served in the grounds of the Garden Tomb. Dinner and overnight in JERUSALEM (B)(D)
Day 8: JERICHO – QUMRAN – MASSADA – DEAD SEA
Today we start our journey with a visit to Jericho, the oldest known city in the world, once destroyed by Joshua. We’ll visit this city where two blind men and Bartimeus were healed (Matt. 20:29-34). The cable-way takes us to the Mount of Temptation from where a magnificent view of Jericho and the Jordan River awaits us. We pass the excavations at Qumran where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in 1947. Continue to the fortress of Masada. Ascend the mountain by means of a cable car to view the remains of the once luxury palace of Herod the Great. It is in this place that Eleazer Ben Yair and his 959 Jewish followers committed mass-suicide, rather than surrender to the Roman legion which they kept at bay for three years. Your view of the desert of Judea is out of this world. Continue to the Dead Sea where we have time to float on its salty waters. This sea is formed by the waters of the River Jordan and several smaller streams entering it, but has no exit. The waters contain billions of tons of valuable chemicals. The water is five times saltier than the ocean. Unique healing qualities are found in the mud along the shore. In the Bible it was known as the “Salt Sea”. Dinner and overnight at our hotel on the shores of the DEAD SEA (B)(D)
Day 9 Dead Sea – Jerash – Amman
We start our day to cross the border to Jordan. First of all we visit the most impressive city of Jerash – one of the 10 Roman Cities known as the Decapolis. It could have been the city in Biblical times known as Gerasa where Jesus cast out demons and send them into the swines. Overnight in Amman – the Capital of Jordan (B)(D)
Day 10 Nebo – Amman – Abu Dhabi
We visit mount Nebo where Moses once stood to saw the promised land but did not enter it himself. He died in Jordan and was buried by God. Later we are transfered to the airport for our overnight flight departing at 16:00 to Johannesburg via Abu Dhabi.(B)(D)
Day 11: JOHANNESBURG
Early morning arrival at O.R.Tambo International Airport (B*)
Special Tour Price: R23 990
Based on R9,80 = US$1,00 based on 48 passengers travelling together
Due to limited space on this tour, a deposit of R5 000 is required to confirm your reservation.
• Economy return airfare including airport taxes and fuel surcharge
• Airport / hotel return transfers
• Meals per day as per itinerary (B) - Breakfast (D) - Dinner
• Tourism class accommodation on a twin share basis
• English speaking tour guides
• Luxury air-conditioned coaches
• Sightseeing and entrance fees as per itinerary
• Admin fee R100
Tips $ 90pp to tour guides, bus drivers and hotel staff
Border taxes to Israel and Jordan $60pp
Single room optional R4800
Visa for Jordan R350
• Optional Group Travel insurance R440 (Under 69)
Flights with Etihad Airlines
For more information, please contact
CONDITIONS TO ALL PARTICIPANTS
3G Travel, their associated companies and agents, and all persons, parties or organisations acting on their behalf or in collaboration with them, as their agent, and all group leaders (hereinafter referred to as “the Organising Agents”) give notice that:
1.(a) IN issueing or obtaining any ticket or coupon or for transport or the conveyance or for accommodation as they in their entire discretion may deem advisable.
(b) THE Organising Agents shall be entitled to make any arrangement for the issue of any ticket or coupon or for transport or the conveyance or for accommodation as they at their entire discretion may deem advisable.
(c) THE Organising Agents shall not be liable in any circumstance whatsoever and whether in contract of deficit for any damage, injury (including death), loss, delay or inconvenience of any sort whatsoever that shall be caused to any passenger, whilst on tour or journey or whilst a temporary resident in any foreign country as a result of any arrangement made by the Organising Agents or for any alleged failure by the Organising Agents to make satisfactory or any arrangements, and whether caused through the act or default of any of the servants, agents or sub-contractors of the Organising Agents.
2 EACH passenger agrees that his/her executors, administrators and/or assigns shall indemnify the Organising Agents, its servants and agents from and against claims for damage from any cause whatsoever to any person who may make a claim against the Organising Agents or any of them, whether for loss or damage to property in the custody of a passenger, whether or not such a claim is based on the negligence of the Organising Agents, its servants or any sub-contractors of the Organising Agents.
3. ALL arrangements are subject to the country where the conveyance or hotel or other service is provided.
4. All prices are ex-departure point indicated in the tour programme and based on prices and rates of exchange ruling at the time of preparation of the document in which the quotation is made and are subject to increase without notice. All prices quoted are per person sharing.
5. COURIERS of representatives have no authority of permission to refund any monies paid or give any right to claim a refund from the Organising Agents.
6. THE Organising Agents cannot hold themselves responsible for the obtaining of refunds on lost or unused tickets, coupons or vouchers, although every effort will be made to claim settlement on behalf of the passengers.
7. CANCELLATION. A cancellation fee of R5000-00 per person will be levied in the event of a reservation being cancelled. The Organising Agents also reserve the right to retain the whole or part of the tour price in the event of a cancellation less than 45 days prior to departure. Written notice must be given.
8 ATTENTION is drawn to the frequency of changes in official timetables and passengers are urged to verify any times of departure shown in any programme or itinerary themselves.
9. The airline concerned is not to be held responsible for any act, omission or event during the time passengers are not in their aircraft. The passenger tickets in use by the airline when issued shall constitute the sole contract between the airline and the purchaser fo these tickets and/or passenger.
10. PASSENGERS are reminded that luggage or personal property taken on tour is at owner’s risk and passengers themselves are advised to insure it. Deposit and cancellation insurance, personal accident and sickness insurance are NOT automatically included.
11 THE Organising Agents reserve the right to cancel or abandon the tour. In such event, any monies paid will be refunded, less any expenses, disbursements or other commitments incurred on behalf of the passengers, and in such event no further liabilities whatsoever will be accepted by the Organising Agents. The right is further reserved to modify the tour in any way that they deem advisable. In this event, the planned tour will not be proceeded with unless a minimum number of passengers (at the discretion of the Organising Agents) participate.
12. TOURS are planned on the twin bedded rooms and where for reasons beyond their control, the Organising Agents cannot accommodate any participant on this basis, the passenger will be obliged to pay the supplement for a single room unless he/she can arrange with two other passengers of the same sex to share with them a three-bedded room. In the event of a three-bedded room being used, the tariff for twin-bedded accommodation will apply.
13. THE Organising Agents reserve the right to change the sequence of sightseeing events.
14. PARTICIPATION shall confirm that the participant has read and accepted the “Notice to all Participants” and confirm that his/her participation shall be subject to all such terms and conditions.